Project management for us, is the overall management of a client’s property needs, from inception to completion, irrespective of size or complexity. Central to this is to fully understand the key business objectives of the client to ensure that the project serves their needs.
We will assume and manage the specialist consultant team and the construction process including planning, co-ordinating and monitoring progress, programme, cost and quality throughout the design, construction and commission phases. On fitting out projects, this may extend into Relocation Management, Facilities Management advice and the procurement and management of maintenance contracts.
One of the risks in any capital project is the certainty of the out turn cost and the cause for greatest concern to clients. It is widely accepted that a poorly managed project, whether due to time constraints, incorrect procurement path or poor advice form any source, will invariably cost the client more money.
To complement the core services of Project and Cost Management, we provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services, which may be employed for specific tasks or form part of a broader service delivery. These services may be provided through in-house resources or alternatively through third-party sub-consultants.
- Risk Management processes to address all issues which may affect cost time and quality
- Value Management techniques to establish optimum solutions by maximizing value with particular emphasis on capital whole life costs
- Insurance Valuations and Loss Assessments to accurately determine reconstruction costs
- Development Overview to forecast and monitor capital investment and appropriate draw-downs
- Building Surveying in all aspects of property and construction
- CDM Co-ordination in compliance with CDM Regulations
- Facilities Management advice in the procurement, structure and management of facilities, repair and maintenance contracts.
- Relocation Management of occupier’s furniture, storage, desk-top IT equipment and possessions
- Engineering Services Management focusing on strategic procurement and management of mechanical and electrical building services systems.
Understand your business strategy, drivers and risks. Review impact of the above on direction of travel of your estates team and their approach to delivering your workplaces. Demonstrating innovative thinking and potential benefits of new workplace delivery process Concept design, financial and investment planning
I was impressed to find the facility in full working order from day 1 after the move weekend.
Operations Director, Allied MedicalRead the case study