TfL, Endeavour Square
Transport for London Property Consolidation
Tuesday 7 May, 2019
- Relocation of approx. 3000 members of staff over 9 consecutive weekends across 14 buildings.
- Date: September 2017 – November 2017
Aberley were initially contracted by Transport for London (TfL) to conduct a series of Space Utilisation Surveys ahead of a major consolidation and re-structure of their London property estate. After the completion of the SUS, Aberley were then asked to provide Programme and Relocation Management services to support the consolidation and re-structure project.
Aberley were asked to manage the relocation of IT systems, procure furniture and manage the fit out of the new building, co-ordinate the relocation of TfL staff, including writing and distributing communications to all staff in Endeavour Square, The International Quarter, London.
TfL used this opportunity to move to new, agile ways of working, incorporating Aberley’s recommendations from our SUS analysis.
Aberley were also responsible for the risk register which required weekly reviews and updates as well as weekly reports to Senior Management at TfL.
Aberley provided a full time Senior Programme Manager who delivered a full relocation programme, providing business continuity across departments and buildings.
Aberley coordinated the relocation of approx. 3000 members of staff over 9 consecutive weekends, ensuring all Risk Registers were updated, all communications to staff were issued and all IT systems were transferred without disruption to the business.
In addition, Aberley also oversaw the setup of enquiries and documentation for the suppliers and removals from procurement through to appointment.
- Timescales on this project had to be reviewed and adjusted frequently. TFL were open to early release from leases so where this happened the buildings TfL were vacating had to be cleared, cleaned and returned to the landlords for their new incoming tenants, creating tight timescales.
- The TFL property portfolio at the time, had 14 buildings, which required a lot of coordination and a very complex plan of moving parts which Aberley interpreted and updated regularly.
- During the fit-out process, the furniture manufacturer had supplied the wrong legs for the desks. This meant different legs had to sourced and plans for the early moves had to adjusted accordingly.
- Aberley provided a dedicated full time Senior Director to facilitate their requirement.